v VIM Command
How to use v Command in Linux VIM editor?
v stands for Visual mode
This command is used to shift the vim text editor mode to visual mode.
Visual mode is used to perform any operation to a selected part of text. Using the arrow keys select the text in the file. The selected text will be highlighted in this mode. Any operation performed after the selection will effect on all the characters which are selected.
Using the Esc button we can come out of visual mode.
- Open the file test.txt using the command
$ vim test.txt
- To make the editor into visual mode
- Select the required text using the arrow keys.
- To delete the selected text.
- To come out of visual mode