Star (*) VIM Command
How to use Star (*) Command in Linux VIM editor?
* command is used to find the next occurrence of searched string. After a string is searched the cursor will be focused on the first occurrence of the string, to move the cursor to the next occurrence we can use this command.
- Open the file test.txt using the command
$ vim test.txt
- We can notice the following text in the file.
Hiox India Vim Tutorial Hscripts
India is seventh largest country in world
I love India, I'm proud to be an Indian
- Search of letter India is done using this command
- The cursor will point to the first occurrence of the string from the current position.
- To move the cursor to the next occurrence