Copy Multiple lines VIM Command
How to use Copy Multiple lines Command in Linux VIM editor?
<count>yy stands for Yank Multiple Line
This command is used to copy the N number of lines from the current line from the file.
- Open the file test.txt using the command
$ vim test.txt
- We can notice the text in the file.
- Let us see how to copy 2 lines from the second line.
- Move the cursor to the second line, from which we have to copy 2 lines.
- To copy the lines to clipboard
- Using put command we can paste the copied content
- The copied content will be pasted