Using the Marquee Tools
How to use the Marquee Tool in adobe photoshop?
Learn about rectangular, elliptical, single row, single column marquee tools.
- By using marquee tool we can select a portion of the image with different shapes.
- Make a rectangular selection using "Rectangular Marquee Tool".
- Make an elliptical selection using "Elliptical Marquee Tool".
- Hold down the shift key upon selection to get perfect shapes.
- Make a horizontal selection 1 pixel high using Single Row Marquee
- Make a vertical selection 1 pixel wide using Single Column Marquee
- Let us consider an example, were we use both rectangular and elliptical marquee tools.
- Just click and drag on the image to select the required portion. To remove the selection go to Select > Deselect.
- A new layer is automatically created upon pasting the copied selection.
- When you select any marquee tool, related options appear in the Tool Options bar. This allows you to set the type of selection, feathering, etc.