Installing JDK in Windows
How to install JDK in Windows?
JDK or Java Development Kit is a combination of software, tools required to compile, debug, and run applets and applications written using Java language.
Installing JDK on Windows:
- To use JSP one needs to install Java SDK also known as JDK which has a Java Compiler.
- To Download Java SDK visit "http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads", choose the platform in which you want to install from windows, solaris, linux and install the JDK.
- Before running the Tomcat Server we need to check whether the Java environment variable is set.
- On a windows system, set the JAVA_HOME variable to the installed directory of JDK, as below.
- And, set the PATH variable to the bin directory of JDK, from the command prompt as below.
- C:> set JAVA_HOME=C: jdk1.6.0_07
- C:> set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%bin; %PATH%
- This can be checked by typing the following command in the command prompt.
- C:>echo %JAVA_HOME%
- C:> jdk1.6.0_07
- C:> echo %PATH%
- C:>Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_07
- Path variables can also be set using the following steps.
- Just Right Click "My Computer->Properties->Advanced"
- Click on "Environment Variables" set the new "path", "classpath" variables.