Custom Tags in JSP
Custom Tags in JSP?
Custom tags are mainly used to customize the usage of java in a JSP page. Usually thse tags define different objects and classes, so that it can be used in a JSP page with a simple syntax. Custom tags have a unique "prefix" to refer a particular tag library file.
The following is the directory structure that can help you understand where the files, folders are located.
- Under Application folder create WEB-INF folder.
- Inside WEB-INF Folder create classes and tlds folder.
- In classes folder we will have the java class, servlets and packages.
- In tlds class we will have .tld files which contains tag information.
- All the classes and packages are inside the "classes" folder.