How to Add Stroke / Borders on Selection
How to add stroke lines or borders to an image selection in GIMP?
is an act of striking the selected portion of an image.Steps to Follow:
- Open GIMP.
- Click File -> Open and then choose a file. Click Ok button.
- Now select a portion of the image using selection tool.
- Click Edit->Stroke Selection
or else you can access it through clicking
- Then a box named Stroke Selection
Normally, you can strike the image either by applying Stroke Line
or with the Paint Tool
- Click the radio button named Stroke line and then set the Line width.
- Pick either Solid color/Pattern as you require.
- When you click the Line Style
, a few more options appear. Set the "Cap style, Join style, Miter limit, Dash pattern and Dash preset" as per your need and finally choose Antialiasing option if you want.
- The Antialiasing
option smoothens the curved strokes or strokes drawn over an image.
Use this option to soften the strokes drawn over an image.
- Finally, the click Stroke
- Wait until the image gets processed and then you can find the stroke on image.
(View the below image)
* To gather more information related to stroke selection, just use this Stroke an image with Paint Tool