Stroke an image with Paint Tool
How to add stroke lines or borders to an image selection in GIMP?
* Stroke with a paint tool
option enables the user to strike an image with the 11 paint tools
provided in the Brush Tools
* The tools(view the last image of this page) of the brush tools can be used to strike an image.
* The tools available with this option can also be termed as "Paint Tools".Steps to Follow:
- Open GIMP.
- Launch a new image file and select a portion of it.
- Click Edit->Stroke Selection
or else you can access it through clicking the Select->Selection Editor
- Then a box named Stroke Selection
- Click the radio button named "Stroke with a paint tool" in the Stroke Selection box.
- Select any one of the options available from the paint tool, for e.g. Eraser
and also choose Emulate brush dynamics if you wish.
- Emulate brush dynamics allows the user to combine the different brush parameters i.e. the three input dynamics
"pressure, velocity and random" to enhance the level and appearance of an image.
- Then click the Stroke
button and then see the erase featured stroke on the image.
- Apply the available options under the paint tool (below listed items)
, in order to have best stroke for your image.
- Finally click "File -> Save" the file.