* It is used for smearing colors on a selected layer.
* It handles the pointer to smudge the colors on the path or on the layer or on the selected portion of an image.
* When it is applied on an image, it picks the available color and mixes it with the colors present on the image.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new image file.
- Now pick Smudge Tool
from the toolbox.
* To select this tool, click the toolbox and press the button S
- This option is not applicable for this tool.Opacity
- This option is used to set the transparency level for the pointer.Brush
- This option offers different types of pointers to smudge an image.Scale
- This option allows you to set the size of the pointer.Brush Dynamics
- The Pressure, Velocity and Random
features are combined with Hardness and Rate
to set the features to the pointer of smudge tool.Fade Out
- This option makes the airbrush to give a paler effect to the paint that has been applied on the image i.e. the color painted turns fader.Apply Jitter
- This option smudges the image quicker than other smudging options.Hard Edge
- This option places colors in a rough manner when it is applied on a selected portion of an image.Rate
- This option smudges harder when it is applied on an image.How to Use:
- First choose the type of brush from the tool options in toolbox.
- Then click and drag the cursor on the required portion of the image. For e.g. in the below image, the text is smudged.
- When mouse is dragged over the text portion, it gets smudged.
- In the below image, you can find that all the texts are smudged.
- Now click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.