* It makes the layers of the image to shift from the current position.
* It is used to commence changes in the position of the image.
* The image gets moved or shifted when the horizontal & vertical coordinates of the image are altered.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new image file.
- Now select the Shear Tool
from the toolbox.
- Shortcut for this tool is Shift + S
. To pick this tool, click the Toolbox and then press the button Shift + S.Tool options:Direction
- This option shears an image either in Normal direction or in Corrective direction.
1)Normal -> This option shears the image in the forward position.
2)Corrective -> This shears the image in the backwards position.Interpolation
- This option helps to curve the image.Clipping
- This option slices the image.Preview
- It helps an user to see the preview of an image. The subsidiary options available are Outline, Image, Grid
. The Image and Grid options can be used together and viewed (image with grids) or else the outline/image can be used separately on an image to view the outline.Opacity
- This option in an image will make the background to be vague when the image is filled with color.Number of grid lines
- Set the Grid option in preview to enable this option. This option lists the Grids
which are placed on the image while making changes.How to Use:
- To shear, either go for "Normal or Corrective" tool option. The normal option is set as default in toolbox.
- First click on any portion of the image.
- The Shear
box gets displayed.
- Set the X & Y Coordinates
and click the "Shear" button.
- Now the image has been sheared in forward direction.
- To shear an image in backward direction, just set the Corrective
tool option in toolbox and click on the image.
- The Shear
box gets displayed. Then enter the value and click the "Shear" button.
- The image is sheared in backwards direction.
- The Preview
tool option in toolbox lists four options.
- Based upon the option, before shearing the image, the selection outline will be displayed.
- Pick any one of the options under it, for e.g. Grid
- Now click on the image. The image is filled with the grids.
- Utilize the tool options like Interpolation & Clipping
to adjust the direction and preview of an image.