How to use scissors tool in GIMP?
* It generates a curve through the nodes, following the high-contrast which it identifies.
* Start the selection by clicking on the image. It will create a new anchor. Finish the selection just by clicking on the first node which you created in the beginning.
* It has some of the aspects of lasso and path tool.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new image file.
- Now pick Scissors Tool
from the toolbox.
- Click the Toolbox and then press the button I
- It determines the way of creating the selection, i.e. whether it will be combined with existing one, etc.Antialiasing
- It causes the portion of the selection to be drawn smoother.Feather Edge
- It causes the boundary of the selected portion to be blurred.Interactive Boundary
- The curves will be created instantly after creating a new node.How to Use:
- Select any portion in the image.
- To select, just left click the mouse. This will create points. Start the selection and finish where you have started.
- Now press Enter
To convert it into selection.
- Then cut the selected portion and paste it a new file.
- Finally, click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.