How to Scale a Layer
How to scale/resize a layer in GIMP?
* This option helps to resize a layer
Follow the below steps:
- Open GIMP.
- Launch a new image file.
- Layers can be included in an image by selecting the image and clicking the Layer -> New Layer
- To scale a layer, Click Layer-> Scale Layer
- A box gets displayed with the name Scale Layer
along with the options relating to its size and Quality
- Now make the adjustments in the "Height and Width" options in the Layer Size and select one of the interpolation options available from the Quality.
- Look at the below image for which the layer resizing has been done.
- Finally save the file by clicking the "File->Save".