* It draws hard-edged lines on a image.
* It is used to sketch in an image with free hands.
* It wont produce fuzzy borders or anti aliasing.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new file.
- Now pick Pencil Tool
from the toolbox.
* To select, click the Toolbox and then press the button N(shortcut).Tool options:Mode
- The list of available options enables to fill up the image.Opacity
- This option in an image will make the background to be unclear or vague when the image is filled with color.Brush
- This option lists you with the types of brushes, which can be used to write or else paint the image.Scale
- This option maximizes or minimizes the size of the pencil tool
- The Pressure, Velocity and Random
aspects will be added to the tool.Fade Out
- This option enables the pencil tool to be lighter when it is used on the image.Apply Jitter
- Instead of drawing on an image, this option simply spreads the color particles on the image which looks so attractive.Incremental
- This is an additional option used to draw.Use color from gradient
- This option list you with plenty of Gradient
types, which helps you in drawing on the image.How to Use:
- First set the tool options in the toolbox. Particularly the Shapes
- Then click the left mouse button.
- The shapes will be applied in the file. If you have not picked any shapes, then simply a line is applied on the file.
- To increase the size of the pencil brush in toolbox, simply click the
"Brush" option and select the size from it.
- At last, click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.