How to Use Path Tool
How to use path tool in GIMP?
* It is used to create paths. Just select this option and start creating paths.
* The developed paths can be modified and can be shifted to any area in the file.How to Launch:
- Open GIMP.
- Launch a new file.
- Shortcut for this tool is B
- To choose this tool, click the Toolbox and then press the button B
- Tool Options
- It initiates to create the path.Edit
- The created paths can be altered i.e. any portion of the path can be modified.Move
- The entire developed path can be shifted by enabling this option.How to Move - Create a path and click Move option in toolbox. Now, click on any portion of the path and move it. (View below image)Polygonal
- Set this option to generate polygonal shape.How to create polygonal shape - Click Design and pick Polygonal option in toolbox. Then create polygonal shape. (View below image)How to use
- There are two methods through which you can create path in a file.
- The two methods are Selection from Path & Stroke Path
-> Selection from Path
- It allows you to select from the currently developed path.
- Create a path and click "Selection from Path" button in toolbox.
- Then make selection from any portion of the path. (In below image, selection is made from right hand side of the image)
-> Stroke Path
- It creates a stroke on the path created by the user.
- First, create a path and then click "Stroke Path" button in toolbox.
- Set the options in Stroke Path box and click "Stroke" button, to strike an image. (View the below image)
- Finally, click "File->Save" to "Save" the file.