How to Open a File
How to open a file in GIMP?
This page explains you as to how to open a new file
There are four ways to open a file and this is the first method.
The rest of the three methods are:1] To open as layers -> Open As Layers2] To open file from location -> Open File From Location3] To open a recent file -> Open Recent DocumentMethod 1:
Follow below steps to launch a file:
- Launch GIMP.
- Click File -> Open
or else just press Ctrl+O
to Open a file
- A box displays with name Open Image
- The folders are displayed at the left hand side of the box. Open it and select an image file to open.
- When a file is selected, user can view the Preview
of the image file at the right hand side of the box.
- To search a file manually, just click the Pencil
icon in the "Open Image" box and type the location of a file in the "Location" column and then open the image file.
- Finally, save the file through File -> Save
and click the "Save" button.