How to use ink tool in GIMP?
* The Ink tool
paints the anti-aliased enabled lines with the simulation of pointer.
* Ink tool can be simply denoted as Calligraphy Style Painting
* The position, shape and size of the pointer can be set in advance to execute the strokes on an image.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new file.
- Now pick Ink Tool
from the toolbox.
* To choose this tool, click the Toolbox and then press the button K
- The list of 23 options enables you to modify an image with different tool options.Opacity
- This option increases the strength of the tool and also makes background of an image vague when the image is brushed.Adjustment
- The Size and Angle
of the nib or pointer is controled by this option.Sensitivity
- This option raises or minimizes the level of the pointer in filling the ink on the image. This tool controls the size, tilt and speed of the pointer or nib.Type
- This option allots you three different shapes namely Circle, Cube, Hexagon
to apply on an image.How to Use:
- Open new file.
- Intially set the options in tool options in the toolbox.
- The options "Mode, Opacity, Adjustment, Sensitivity & Type" plays an important role in applying the color to a file. So set these options as per your need.
- Unlike other "Brush Tools", the ink tool does not possess brush option. Instead of it, the Type
option can be picked to apply shapes.
- A sample of shapes has been created using the ink tool. (View the below image)
- At last, click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.