Free Selection / Lasso Tool
How to use free selection / lasso tool in GIMP?
It enables a user to make free hand selections.
* Use this tool to create a selection by drawing through free hand with the pointer.
* You can commence free form selections either on new file or over an image.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new image file.
- Now select Free Selection or Lasso Tool
from the toolbox.
* Shortcut for this tool is F
. Click the Toolbox and then press the button F.Tool options:
* There are only three subsidiary options available under the free selection / lasso tool
and they are listed below.Modes
- It determines the way of creating the selection, i.e. whether it will be combined with existing one, etc.Antialiasing
- It causes portion of the selection to be drawn smoother.Feather edge
- It causes the boundary of the selection to be blurred i.e. the image gets displayed with less clarity.How to Use:
- Now make free selection on the image. Simply click the portions which you require and complete the selection by ending where you have started the selection.
- The image portion (aeroplane) is selected in the above picture.
- Then copy or cut the selected portion.
- Create a new file and then paste it.
- To "Save" the file, simply click "File -> Save".