How to Crop an Image
How to crop an image in GIMP?
* This option allows the user to cut the unwanted portion
from the existing image.
* Normally the tools cut only the selected portion and leaves the unselected portion untouched. But the Crop image
option deletes the unselected part from the image.Steps to Follow
- Open GIMP and launch an image file.
- Then select the portion which you want to crop from with available selection tool.
- Click Image -> Crop to Selection
- The selected portion in the image gets cropped.
- The unselected part of the image is removed by this Crop option (see the above image).
- Finally save the file by clicking the Save button.