How to Create New Image File
How to create a new image file in GIMP?
This is the initial step in GIMP which guides you to create a new image file with different height and width properties.Steps to Follow:
- Start GIMP.
- Click File -> New
or else just press Ctrl+N
- A box named Create a New Image
- The box exhibits the default image size. Alter the size either manually or through the up and down arrows.
- Set the type/nature of picture file size. Just click the pixels. A list drops down from where you can choose the category.
- If you desire to have a pre defined picture file size, then click the Template
. A list of items will be displayed in the list box. Choose one item from the list as per your need.
- The Advanced Options
list you additional features like "Resolution, Color space, Fill with and Comment". Apply these options if you need them.
- Then set the features and finally click the Ok
button in the create a new image box.
- Now the new file has been created. A sample new file created has been shown below.