How to Create a New File from Clipboard
How to create a new image file from clipboard in GIMP?
This method allows you to generate a file from various sources.Steps to Follow:
- Launch GIMP.
- Click File -> Create
and the options get displayed.
- The options From Clipboard, Scanner or Camera, Screenshot
permit you to create a file from these sources.
- The Clipboard option
lets you to paste the image content from the clipboard. Note that you can paste the content only if it is available in clipboard.
- The Scanner/Camera
option allows you to create file through a scanner or camera. This is a method of creating file from an outside source. Either the Scanner or Camera should be connected to your computer system to create the file.
- A box named "Select Source" appears. Click the available items in it(items will be displayed only if a scanner/camera is connected to computer) and create a file. View the below image.
- The Screen Shot
is an option to create file by taking screenshots of the items seen in screen. Either single window or whole window can be taken as a screenshot.
- Click File-> Create-> Screen Shot
to take screenshot of the window.
- A box named WinSnap
- Set the options in the box and click the button Grab
to get the screen shot of the window.
- The rest of the options like Buttons, Logos, Patterns, webpage Themes
are used to obtain logos, patterns, pre defined shapes and themes from webpages.
- Simply set the features and click the "Ok" button to get the new file.