* This bucket fill tool
helps the user to fill the color on an image.
* This tool fills the default Foreground Color
over the selected portions on the image.
* It spreads the selected area either with a color or pattern.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new image file.
- Now pick Bucketfill Tool
from the toolbox.
* Shortcut for this tool is Shift + B
. Press the button Shift + B
- The list of available options enables filling up the image.Opacity
- This option in an image will make the background to be unclear or vague when the image is filled with color.Fill Type
- Fill up the selected area with the Foreground, Background color or Pattern
. The variety of pattern types are provided in the list box.Affected Area
- Fill up the whole portion or else fill up the chosen areas in the image.Finding Similar Colors
- There are two subsidiary options available under this option.
1] Fill Transparent Areas -> It fills the color in the selected portion of an image with low opacity.
2] Sample Merged -> It toggles sampling from all the layers. If it is made active, then the filling will be done on lower layer. Set the lower level in threshold and make sure that the layer on the image is visible for color weighting.Threshold
- Threshold slider fixes the level at which the color weights are measured for fill boundaries.
To activate this option, user needs to set the Fill similar colors
. It fills
the colors darkly, if higher settings are applied.Fill By
- User can choose one of the six components (Red, Blue, Green or with the Hue, Saturation, Value, Composite) so that GIMP can calculate the similarity and also determine the borders of filling for an image.How to Use:
- Open any image file.
- First decide the color to be used to fill the image.
- Choose either "Foreground or Background" color" in the toolbox. For e.g. the Background Color
has been selected below. The default background color is White
. (View the below image)
- You can view the Preview
of the image in the right hand side of the toolbox.
- Now simply click the left mouse button on the image to fill the background color on the image. The image is filled the background color.
- At last, click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.