How to Fill Background Color to an Image
How to fill background color in GIMP?
The Background Color
fills the image with the default background color.
User can pick a portion of the image and fill it with the background color.Steps to Follow:
- Open GIMP.
- Launch a new image file.
- To fill the color, use the Selection tools
in toolbox to select any portion of an image (or the entire image).
- To fill the background color, click Edit->Fill with BG color
click or press "Alt+E and G button".
- In the below image, the entire portion (other than the image) is selected to fill the background color.
- Now the selected portion of the image is filled with the Background Color
- The default "Background Color" is set as Green
. So while applying BG color, the selected portion will be filled with Green color.
- In the below image, only the portion other than image have been selected using "Rectangle Selection Tool".
So, the color is filled other than the image.