* Airbrush tool
is used to paint the image with a variable pressure.
* This tool is the convenient tool to paint an image.
* It can be regarded as the traditional airbrush.
* It suits well to paint the smoother areas of color.
* When compared to the paintbrush tool, it is slightly difficult to operate/handle.How to Launch:
- Open Gimp.
- Launch a new file.
- Now pick Airbrush Tool
from the toolbox.
* To select, click the Toolbox and then press the button
- The list of 23 options enables you to modify an image with different options.Opacity
- This option increases the strength of the tool and also makes the background of an image vague when the image is brushed.Brush
- This option provides you various types of brushes or shapes to paint the image.Scale
- This option is used to maximize or minimize the size of the Airbrush tool
- The Pressure, Velocity and Random
features are mixed with the Opacity, Hardness, Size, Rate and Color
to offer a different feature to the tool.Fade Out
- This option makes the airbrush to give a paler effect to the paint that has been applied on the image i.e. the color painted turns fader.Apply Jitter
- This option is used to spread a variety of colors on the image which makes the picture so attractive.Use color from gradient
- This option provides you with plenty of Gradient
types or color patterns, which helps you in drawing on the image.Rate
- It configures the speed of the color application. Maximum level of rate will exhibit sharp and dark brush strokes.Pressure
- This option determines the level of pressure - whether to be high or low. The effect of this option can be felt when it is applied on an image.How to Use:
- Open a new file.
- Note that this tool simply helps in painting and to apply colors to an image file.
- It would be effective when the additional brush or shapes are added to this tool.
- First decide the color to be used to fill the image.
- Set the options and apply it on new file or even on image files to acquire a new designed image.
- At last, click "File -> Save" to "Save" the file.