How to create buttons in Flash?
How to use a Mouse over Button symbol?
The symbols of type Button
are used for navigating based on events like over, up, down, hit.
Creating a Mouse Over Button symbol:
A "Buttons" type symbol is used to link to file or movies.
The above video teaches you how to create symbols of type "button" that changes color when clicked on it.
- Use the "Convert to symbol" window, then select "button".
- Draw a rectangle, then select the rectangle to align it on the stage.
- Using text tool, add text to the button.
- In default there are four status available for the buttons. They are Up, Over, Down, and Hit.
- By default the setting for button will be in "up" status of timeline window.
- For Mouse over button effect, Create keyframe in the mouse "over" option.
- Change the text color with a single click and Stroke color with a Double click.
- So when the movie is executed, the color of the button changes as the mouse is moved over.