Steps In SEO
SEO - How to do it yourself?
Search Engine Optimization is not a complex process. With proper understanding, you can in fact do it by yourself. Here are the simple steps:
Step 1: Identify your keywords
- The first step in the SEO process starts with identifying the keywords specific to your business.
- Keyword refers to the words or phrases, which your prospects are likely to use when searching for web content.
- This is a very crucial step as the success of SEO depends on this largely. Proper identification of keywords could hugely boost your business.
- On the other hand, improper selection could conceal your business from the eyes of prospective customers.
How to identify the keywords?
- Do a thorough analysis of your business to identify the keywords.
- The analysis should focus on identifying the common terminologies used in your business.
- For example, if you are offering a Network Monitoring solution, Network Monitoring would be your primary keyword.
- You can also interact with your existing customers to identify the keywords.
- A large number of web tools are available to guide you in identifying the keywords.
Following are some of the prominent tools:
Use the above tools to identify all your keywords.
Step 2: Organize your web content
- After identifying your keywords, you need to organize your web content in such a way that the search engine crawlers identify your keywords.
- Just as we read a book from left-to-right and top-to-bottom, the search engines also follow a similar reading flow.
- They normally start reading the title tag, then look for the headings written in bold, then the content from left-to-right etc.
- Organizing your web content (specifically the keywords) along the lines of the Search Engine reading flow will enable your web page get a better rank in the web search results.