Using the Horizontal/Vertical Type Mask Tool
How to use the Type Mask Tool in Adobe Photoshop?
Horizontal and Vertical Masking Tools.
- The Type Mask Tool allows you to “cut” letters out of a background.
- It consists of two types: Horizontal and Vertical Mask Tool.
- The "Horizontal Type Masking tool" is used to mask the background image into the text typed horizontally.
- The "Vertical Type Masking tool" is used to mask the background image into the text typed vertically.
- Before typing the text, set the Font type, style, Size, Anti-aliasing, in the "Options Bar".
- In this video tutorial, we have used a flower background.
- Just select the type of mask tool from toolbar, and enter some text.
- Copy and Paste the text in a different layer, as the text will have the masked image.
- This tool is available in the Photoshop CS version.